Hello friends, family and supporters,


Logistical Update: 

January 22, 2021 Taylor, Emily, their family and I left Cape Verde. They will remain in the US to welcome a new baby to their family then return, Lord willing, to Cape Verde in August. As for me, I am currently in Georgia until Friday when I fly out to meet the Guatemala team. I have gotten yet another COVID test, gone to target, and spent my 20th birthday here in this in-between phrase of this year. I am really excited to meet the team again and work with them. I am also super excited to learn Spanish! 


Leaving Cape Verde for the second time was not easy, but the Lord really prepared my heart. I love the family He has allowed me to acquire and they will always hold a place in my heart. Cape Verde will always be a beautiful place filled with beautiful people that I have been fortunate to know and love. I loved my time in Cape Verde with the Condreys and I learned so much but I am ready to welcome the new season God has for me in Guatemala. 


Update on What I am Learning:

One thing I have been learning right now is contentment in many areas of my life. Don’t get me wrong, God’s provision is so abundant, but oftentimes my desires out way my needs. I will never forget my dad responding to me countless times after I asked for something that wasn’t a necessity with “Well, you’re old enough to where your wants won’t hurt you.” He was right. But I think this season of COVID, changing of plans and so much more has left all of us a little bit more aware of our wants and needs. The Lord is graciously teaching me that instead of looking to the future (all the time) or longing for what I do not have, I need to be present and content. Not that planning for the future is bad or that all desires for the future are bad. However, sometimes I get so caught up in the future - even goals - or unfilled desires that I am no longer able to be content in the present. The Lord is showing me that a lack of contentment in the current place he has me in can inhibit me from learning what he wants to teach me right now. Each season of life is unique, and if I am not able to seek contentment in the current season I will be distracted from what the Lord is trying to teach me. 

I am reading a really good book called The Sacred Romance by John Eldridge and Brent Curtis. First, the book is about God romancing the heart of humanity into a real, intimate relationship with himself - which is incredible. But, within this, they emphasize that if we do not trust God’s goodness, we will inevitably not trust him with our hearts. If we are not trusting God’s goodness, we will also not be content. He doesn’t owe me an explanation for the season I am in, but in his love places me and you in places, with people for a reason. I just know I have wasted so much time looking at the next hour, next day, next week, next month, next season; forfeiting the lessons and opportunities of today. I think I’m so used to hearing the phrase “God has a purpose for you!” and thinking it automatically means in the future he has a purpose, plan, lesson, or opportunity instead of applying that phrase to the current day.

The God who came down to rescue us from our sin and brokenness wants a relationship with us everyday. He wants to be present with us in every moment. He wants us to walk with him. Not run, not sit and have a coffee date, but walk with him. This is just something I am being taught right now. What does a relationship really look like with God? How do I be content and seek him daily? We serve a Great God. How often am I stuck in “Cassidy’s world” instead of concerning myself with being caught up in the relationship and will of the Creator of the Universe? 



Prayer Requests: 

  • For my heart to be prepared to join the Guatemala team.

  • For me to be present and to seek the Lord’s guidance each day.

  • For my COVID test to come back negative, and in time for my flight. 

  • For safe travels and entry into Guatemala.



Song Encouragement: 

  • “I Could Sing of Your Love Forever” 

  • “Real Thing” by Maverick City Worship 

  • “Still” by Rend Collective 

  • “Washed” by UPPERROOM

  • "Oh What a Miracle" by North Point Worship

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Dear Friends and Supporters,    I am so grateful for the prayers and encouragement that you have given to me throughout this Global Year j...