Hello supporters, friends and family, 

 

I hope everyone has been having a great holiday season! It has been a crazy few weeks since my last update. Since the last time I wrote I have finished training in NC, spent some time at home with my family and returned to Cape Verde. Training finished November 17th when all the students went to Georgia to prepare to go to Guatemala. After receiving a negative COVID test, I was able to return home. It was really great to spend time with my family for a little while before returning to Cape Verde. We had Thanksgiving dinner and just spent some time together before I left. On December 3rd I flew from RDU to Boston, then after a long layover flew from Boston to Praia Cape Verde. Once I arrived in CV I was met by Taylor and Emily Condrey, the missionaries I will be staying with during my time here. 

 

It has almost been a little over a week since arriving here in Cape Verde. Two Sundays have passed and I was able to visit both campuses that I was familiar with last year. I loved seeing and talking to my friends and those that seem like family. I loved being in that place to worship with them again. The first week, in Terra Branka (the church I attended but not on a weekly basis) I felt comfort from hearing their singing and simply being in that building. I keep realizing the comfort I feel from either listening or seeing the people I was with last year in Cape Verde. Perhaps instead of finding comfort in a country or home, I really found comfort within teammates, my leaders and friends I met here throughout the year. I remember arriving at training that Sunday in October and Derek and Lauren arrived for a visit. It was so comforting and safe to hear Derek’s voice and to be with them and some other teammates from the past year. I felt similar seeing a friend at the preschool one day. Just seeing those I know and those who know me is so comforting when so much surrounding me seems very unknown. I can just see how much I rely on others for comfort. I know God is my Comforter, but he has also graciously given us community to comfort one another. I think I am seeing the benefit of the community he has given me. I am reminded of this in the verse from 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.” (NIV) Sometimes it is our time to comfort, but other times, it is our time to be comforted. I just think that is so cool, and such a great picture of our relationship with God. He gives to us, to that we can give unto others. That means, we are meant to comfort one another and we are meant to receive comfort. 

Overall, my time here in Cape Verde so far has been pretty calm but different than last year. I am enjoying staying with the Condreys and am excited for where God leads me as I am here. Thank you for all of your prayers, they are so appreciated. 

Song Encouragement: 

  • “Free Falling,” “Potter and Friend” and “Home” by Dante Bowe 

  • “He Understands” by Chandler Moore

  • “Promises,” “To You” and “Hymn of the Ages” by Maverick City Worship

 

Graca e paz, 

Cassidy Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Dear Friends and Supporters,    I am so grateful for the prayers and encouragement that you have given to me throughout this Global Year j...