Good afternoon friends and family. 

I miss you all but I am so excited to share what God has been doing here in Forest City. For those who do not know, I have been in Forest City, NC for about four weeks for training and will be here for one more week. After these few weeks of training, I will be heading to Cape Verde until January. Then I will finish up my intern year with Global Year in Guatemala. Logistically, it has been crazy to plan this year but God has been providing every step of the way and still is! A few weeks ago the Cape Verdean border opened to commercial flights and passports for my leaders are back. Tickets are the next step, but for now I am literally soaking in all I can in this training. 

Quite honestly, I did not want to come to training here in NC. Mostly for two reasons: it is not Cape Verde, and I was scared of the spiritual things that could be stirred inside myself. But, if I could shortly sum up what God has been teaching me it would lead to this verse: 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." God has been revealing to me what faith and a relationship with him is actually like. Contrary to my belief (or really my practice) for many years, it is not filled with fear or anxiety but God desires a relationship filled with love and peace. One where he calls us deeper and deeper by him and for him each and everyday. This realization began at the beginning of this year when God started to reveal lies I have believed in my walk with him that have robbed me of freedom, peace and joy. This has continued since my time here in training. But, he has not given me a spirit of fear but the person of Holy Spirit. He has revealed freedom and a depth of a relationship for my teammates and I that I did not realize. He has dug up some insecurities, but he has shown me and my teammates that it is in his mercy and grace that he reveals darkness to be overcome with His light. In his mercy, He desires all of us to live in a real, everyday relationship with him. Not to follow do's and don'ts, but to have communion and a friend. Not to live in the past, but to live in newness and life. Some may be thinking, "Cassidy, people have told you that your whole life." But, yet, here I am learning it seemingly for the first time. The Sovereignty of God is truly amazing. He knew I was not ready to receive the teachings of these two weeks even a month ago. He gives perfect timing for learning. I am so excited for this team and what God has in store. He is breaking chains. He is revealing himself anew to all of us and I am in awe of how he has moved in these short weeks. 


Many people asked me what I would be doing here in NC for training and at the time I did not really know. However, we're here and we are quite busy. Our days begin by spending time with the Lord from 8:00-9:00 then we have a morning session of training either with a book called The Spirit Walk or a curriculum called "Salt." After lunch, two days a week we prayer walk in two communities seeking opportunities to build relationships and share Christ. Other days we have language or culture training. In the evenings we have commitments to church or rest. Finally, on Saturday we have our Sabbath and rest. Practicing Sabbath has been such a blessing. Learning to really stop and refill is something I am learning is really important. That sums up most of our week and although it is a little crazy at times, I am excited for learning more and growing with this team. 


Prayer Requests: 

- Pray for continual growth in the team. For our spiritual walks and for unity. 

- Pray for our team as the "honeymoon phase" is over. We will need to be continually learning to love each other well and how to live together in respect. 

- Pray for our hearts to be prepared to leave. 


Song Encouragement: 

I kinda want to share some songs that have really been encouraging me these past few weeks. I am being reminded of the communion music brings me to God and to other people. Specifically, singing with my leader Caleb has been really special. He was in Cape Verde as a leader for a short time and I have missed singing with my team in simple praise. I am so thankful for the times he has given me to worship simply with teammates and leaders. Here are just some songs that have been so encouraging to me that I would love to share: 

From Maverick City Worship: 

"Have My Heart"

"Closer" - the newest album featuring Brandon Lake

"The Story I'll Tell"

"Refiner" 

By Brandon Lake: 

- "Gratitude" 

- "Wild For Me"

- "Lost In Your Love"


I am so thankful for the support I have from home. I am so blessed to have family and friends that love me and love the Lord. I miss ya'll, but I am so excited for what this year holds. 


Graca e paz, 

Cassidy Green.


No comments:

Post a Comment

  Dear Friends and Supporters,    I am so grateful for the prayers and encouragement that you have given to me throughout this Global Year j...