Dear Family and Supporters, 


I am so sorry it has been a while since I have sent out a new update. The weeks here in Guatemala have been absolutely amazing. I am so excited to share a little of what has been going on!  


Logistical Update: 

I have arrived safely in Guatemala! On Friday the 29th of January. I am currently living with the Global Year team and Field Directors here in Guatemala until mid-June. We live in a town called San Antonio Aguas Calientes located about 20 minutes outside of Antigua, and about an hour outside of Guatemala City. The team of students consists of four girls and four boys plus another intern - my twin - Mary. I love them all so very much and I am thankful to be able to spend time with them! My field directors' names are Richard and Lauree Hayden. They have two children here in Guatemala named Caleb and Joshua. I am loving working with them and serving under their leadership. 


So far, these past few weeks have been incredibly busy, a little overwhelming, but so amazing. Our week begins on Sunday when we watch a virtual service. Later in the evening we go to “Bible Study” at the church plant here in San Antonio. I love church here. I am so challenged by our ministry and church being focused on equipping others to be disciples who make disciples. I know I was surrounded by that mission last year, but somehow the Lord has made it click this year. During the week, ministry picks up on Tuesday. We all take Spanish classes in the morning then have service projects in the afternoon followed by Harvest Time. Harvest Time is the designated time of the week we go out into the community to prayer walk, build relationships and are now beginning to meet and disciple people who know the Lord. On Wednesdays we spend most of the day at The Land of Hope located about 45 minutes away near the dump. This area is hot and in need of hope. The ministry there strives to help families in need of homes and food while also discipling believers. Thursday looks very similar to Tuesday but at night we go to Worship Room. I think everyone on the team looks forward to this time of the week. It is a time to refill and praise with fellow believers that is much needed during the week. On Fridays we spend most of the day aiding other ministries in whatever way we are able. Lastly, on Saturdays we begin by having a team study or training in the mornings and complete the day with playing soccer in the community. Our schedule is most certainly busy, but having a busy schedule forces us to be intentional with rest and rely on Christ for strength each day. I also thoroughly enjoy the balance of our schedule. I am thankful Richard and Lauree strived to fill our week with both service and intentional time in the Lord’s harvest. 


I am so thankful for the prayers of all of you. The Lord is working so greatly here in each one of my teammate’s hearts and in the people of San Antonio. He is so good, faithful and willing to use us if we only surrender and abide in Him. I hope to be able to send out another update soon containing more details of our lives as we learn to be disciples who make disciples. I am so beyond thankful for all of you! 


Prayer Requests: 

  • Pray for the team and I to continue serving whole-hearedly and to be surrendered.

  • Pray for the people we are discipling. That the Lord would work in their hearts in the ways we cannot. We can present information, but we cannot change their hearts. 



Songs of Encouragement: 

  • “Jubilee” and “Real Thing” by Maverick City Worship 

  • “Captured”, “Portion” and “Kindness” by Isla Vista Worship 

  • “Open Space” by Housefires

  • “Abide” by Sean Feucht





No comments:

Post a Comment

  Dear Friends and Supporters,    I am so grateful for the prayers and encouragement that you have given to me throughout this Global Year j...