Family and Supporters, 



I hope everyone has had a good week! I apologize for not writing as often as I would like but I am so thankful to be here in Guatemala and am so amazed by God’s grace in growing and teaching the team and I. Before I arrived here at the end of January, I had been praying for God to make us like the church of Acts. While praying this I was not really convinced this prayer would or could happen but in being here I have been amazed. The team and I have been immensely blessed to have had intensive training on how to be a disciple who makes disciples both in the US before we arrived  and here in Guatemala. I am also so thankful to have had the leaders of this training come and aid us in understanding and implementing this training here in Guatemala. This training is centered around how Christ himself made disciples and the examples he left in his living word of how we should do the same. All of that to say, when I arrived, implementing training was in high gear for us to learn, understand and act upon. 

We were taught training materials and tools to use to disciple other believers and have been entrusted time each week to implement these tools through the Harvest time.

Harvest time is our weekly focus. This is our designated time of going into the community  praying, evangelising and discipling believers. When I arrived, I started going to Heidy’s house with a couple teammates. Heidy had just received the gospel and they were speaking to her about the command to be baptized. It was difficult to explain baptism primarily because of our spanish level and because the community we are located in is primarily Catholic. But by God’s grace he allowed her to understand through broken spanish what baptism was, why we are baptized, and that we were giving her the opportunity to be baptized. We left her house that day overjoyed by her decision to follow Jesus in believer’s baptism the following week.

Having the opportunity to baptize another believer was incredible. There was so much joy that day as we watched our new sister step deeper into obedience to Christ. I continue to be encouraged each time we go to Heidy’s home to study with her. 

God is so good and faithful. He is gracious in opening houses of peace and bringing us to people of peace to minister for His kingdom. 



Prayer requests: 

  • That the team and I would have wisdom in how we rest and refill. 

  • For our time in the Harvest. That the people we meet will have a passion to continue learning about and serving Jesus. 



Song Encouragement: 

  • Jubilee, Acercame, by Maverick City Worship

  • There is a Peace, Deep and Wide by Harvest 

  • Open Space by Housefires

  • Nothing I Hold Onto by Will Reagan and United Pursuit 



Gracia y Paz, 

Cassidy Green.











No comments:

Post a Comment

  Dear Friends and Supporters,    I am so grateful for the prayers and encouragement that you have given to me throughout this Global Year j...