Almost Two Months

My team and I have been in Cape Verde for almost two months!!! It is crazy to think Thanksgiving, Christmas, and even parent week are coming very soon. The past couple of weeks have been full and a little crazy. We have begun to be a part of a new ministry: Eschola de Vida (school of life) where my team and I will take turns teaching English lessons to children on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I am excited for this experience and challenge. It is fun to teach, but also a challenge to prepare and communicate what you are teaching well. I am excited to make relationships with these children and help them learn as they also help us learn Kriolu. Our days at Pepe this week have been smooth as we continue to learn from our Tias and grow in our relationship with our kids. They are sweet and it is becoming easier and easier to understand them each week.
I have really enjoyed our basketball ministry on Tuesdays. We go out, play basketball for an hour or so then have a Bible study where we play a game, sing some songs, and teach God's word. This past week I loved playing and guarding my friend Ashlyn. I also really enjoyed the opportunity I had this week to teach the lesson for the Bible study. The lesson was one The Israelites rejecting God as their king, but how we should trust in him as our king and in his faithfulness and goodness to take care of us during our lives. 

Prayer Requests: 
- Health for my teammates as many people have been sick over the past couple weeks. 
- The enemy has been trying to hinder my team's ministries but we just need to keep going, and not let him steal our joy.



November 7, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Dear Friends and Supporters,    I am so grateful for the prayers and encouragement that you have given to me throughout this Global Year j...