2 Month Mark

 My team and I have been here in Cape Verde for two whole months! It has been hard, fun, and so many more emotions rolled into one. I am so thankful for the time I have had already in Cape Verde and I am excited and feel an urgency about the remaining months. I have loved making relationships in our different ministries from children at Pepe (preschool) to the young adults and adults on the worship team. The Lord has really blessed my team and I with relationships and the desire to see them grow. It has been very interesting to see how our relationships grow a little more each week as we continue to get to know people and simply learn more and more of the language. I look forward to seeing our friends in ministry and love them dearly.
Language has continued to be a challenge, but I love it! The more we speak the language, the easier it is to carry conversations and build on to the relationships we have made. It certainly has been a challenge and some days are easier than others but I have enjoyed learning another language.
My team and I were refreshed by Pastor Gene and Mr. Johnny Condrey as they came to visit for a week. It was great to have someone here who knows where I am from, my family and friends, and to be able to have a little taste of home away from home. I also enjoyed showing Pastor around our ministries here in Cape Verde such as Pepe, basketball, house church, and Eskola di Vida (school of life). I am so thankful God allowed Pastor Gene and Mr. Johnny to come and visit us. They were certainly an encouragement and comfort and I hope they enjoyed their time here.


Prayer Requests:
 - Eskola di Vida ministry: This ministry is has been an opportunity for some of my teammates and I to teach English to some students a few times a week. Prayer is needed as we navigate teaching, and navigate this ministry in general. Also prayers that we would build relationships with the children and others in the community.
 - Holidays: The season is coming (even though it is still warm here and does not feel/look like it), please pray that my team and I would be present here even during the holiday season.
 - The continuation of my team and I building relationships with those around us.
 - Language: That we would continue to learn and be courageous in practicing.
 - That I would abide in the Lord to see the enemy's attacks and simply so I would grow in the Lord daily and be filled in order to walk in love.

Thank you for your prayers!

November 18, 2019

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful that Pastor Gene and Johnny were an encouragement to you and the team. I will continue to pray that the enemy will flee and that your ministries and relationships will grow. Keep posting pictures so we can see your smiling face. Love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying For you and your team! Love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

  Dear Friends and Supporters,    I am so grateful for the prayers and encouragement that you have given to me throughout this Global Year j...