We're Here!!!

Hello! Just here to give a short update on what my trip has consisted of so far. The first real beginning of this trip was saying bye to my parents at orientation this past Saturday. It was a hard goodbye, but filled with trust and peace for this trip from the Lord. Immediately after saying bye to our parents, my team and I began our drive to the Boston airport. We made a pit stop in Rutherford county for the night and after going to church, got right back in the van to arrive at the Boston airport at five a.m. This was followed by a 6 1/2 hour flight to Cape Verde where we arrived around 6:30. Needless to say, we had a long few days.
Things have slowed down today, as we have unpacked, bonded, and spent the day together and my team is amazing! I know we are not have an incredible year serving the Lord and each other this year. My first impression of this country is that it is beautiful and hot, but that it holds exciting potential for this year. The language here is Kreole, a mixed language that I am super excited to learn. It is a simple language but still challenging because it is not a Latin language. I am excited for the challenge of the language, heat, and ministry. Not the most poetic blog post, but just a simple update of where my team and I are at our first full day in our new home.
Prayer Requests:

  • Continuing bonding with the team
  • Spiritual attacks
  • Courage for ministry








No comments:

Post a Comment

  Dear Friends and Supporters,    I am so grateful for the prayers and encouragement that you have given to me throughout this Global Year j...